Friday, July 17, 2009

Livin' on a Prayer

We're half way there!  The prayer we're living on is that everything stays just as healthy as it is now and that we can actually name this baby before he makes his debut!  I wouldn't be so concerned if it hadn't been so easy to pick out a girl's name!  This happened with the dog too.  We went to the breeders expecting to bring home a girl.  Shannon was her name, before we even met her.  We got there and this little boy just wouldn't let me leave without him!  We could have just named him Shannon, but that seemed cruel.  He was "Puppy" for the first two and a half weeks he was ours!  John would tell you that he was Little Trouper...  But that's just ridiculous!  Plus, it's too close to Li'l Brudder:
Back to the baby.  I have gotten bigger.  I think I'll wait another week to show you just how big, but I feel like I'm wearing a shirt that's too small...  even when I'm not wearing a shirt!  And baby is moving around like crazy!  It takes him almost twenty minutes to get comfy at night when we lay down to go to bed!  We miss John like mad, but we do get to talk every day.  
So there's my crappy update!  My pensive powers are almost entirely taken up by paint colors and outdoor furniture!  I'll be better in the future, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine being pregnant is one of the most comfortable things in the world! But good for you for being such a trooper! It will all be worth it in the end!! How are things going with John being away? I'm relieved to hear you get to talk with him most every day! Cherish that! Derek deploys in one month and i'm just now starting to feel the effects of that reality... i will need to have distractions all around me for a while after he goes... i am planning on visiting you in October still if that works!! I am looking forward to it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know my vote! I love that baby more and more everytime I see your belly. Right now you're in Vegas with your inlaws.. and I'm ready for you to come back to town so I can visit more! God knows I won't see you till baby boy is about 2 months old! *sigh* Gramma better not hog that baby when you come to visit! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete